Friday, April 9, 2010

Keyboard Shortcut of the Week

Switching Between Open Documents

I usually have three or four Word documents going at the same time. I like to have my Inbox and Calendar in separate windows, and I often have three or more emails open at once. Throw in iTunes and a couple instances of Internet Explorer, and it can be hard to handle. Some people call it scattered, or even ADD, but I call it multi-tasking! Isn’t that what Windows is all about?

I bet you know the Windows keyboard shortcut Alt + Tab to cycle through open windows. It’s a great timesaver, but with a dozen or more windows to deal with, your left hand is bound to cramp up by the time you get to the window you need.

Did you know you can cycle through just your Word documents? Press Ctrl + F6 to move forward through your documents or Ctrl + Shift + F6 to move in the reverse direction.

If you have a favorite keyboard shortcut, email me and I’ll share it with the world (or the five people who read this blog).

No comments: